Every season has its own essential wardrobe items, and winter is no different. In winter, fashion is all about staying stylish while keeping cozy. The AW17/18 winter season emphasizes relaxed, clean lines with understated feminine accents – uptight silhouettes are clearly a thing of the past. The back-to-basics pieces get a new meaning; oversized shapes will feel new, injecting an off-duty coolness into your smart-casual look.
Fear not winter lovers, we’ve got you covered for all your cozy and chic needs. We’ve drummed up the biggest trends of AW17/18, and picked the ones that can easily be translated into any wardrobe. Take a lot at our choice of the top winter trends:
1. Cozy knits – This season, knits are kicking it up a notch. Wear an all-knit outfit with trainers for a more casual look, or dress it up with tailored pants and heels for a “too-cool-for-the-office” look.
2. Oversized blazer – The oversized blazer has been seen on and off the runway in droves this season. Wear it with a soft turtleneck and slim fitting pants, or throw it over a tee for a casual weekend look.
3. Wide-leg trousers– The wide leg look is definitely back this season. They are classic and effortless, and are incredibly easy to style. Pair them with fun, bright colours to turn heads with this classic investment piece.
4. Jeans – Labels like Vetements, Off-White or SJYP, are now bringing jeans to the fashion walkways. Fashion-forward details like colour blocking, step hems and deconstructed denim pieces are becoming more widely available, and will elevate any winter wardrobe.
5. Oversized checked coats – Chic outerwear is essential for two reasons. A) to fight against those cold winter winds and B) to pull any outfit together flawlessly. This season, oversized checked coats are breaking onto the runway in style, and is a great alternative to a peacoat or standard black wool coat. Opt for a double-breasted style for extra impact and individualism.
+1: Sequins – This season is showing a huge range of sparkly favourites, accenting any outfit with a diva touch. Why not have a little fun this holiday season? It should make finding a NYE dress pretty simple!
Check out our Pinterest board for more winter styling essentials!
What’s your pick from the AW17/18 catwalks? Share with us in the comments section below!